Gallagher Sharp’s core values have enabled the firm to grow and serve its clients for more than a century. In building the team that will help serve the Firm’s clients, we look for attorneys and professional staff who embrace those key philosophies and apply them to their professional lives.
The Firm wants more than just the best and brightest. The Firm values those whose life experiences demonstrate exceptional personal and professional work ethic, judgment, and character. Integrity, exceptional intellect and aptitude for the law, maturity, unyielding commitment to excellence, and unwavering loyalty to the firm and its paramount commitment to delivering the best possible legal services and advice to clients are the benchmark requirements the Firm seeks in all of its candidates. In short, we want the most talented and diverse group of attorneys and professional staff who will help serve our clients now and help build the Firm for the next century.
OPEN ATTORNEY POSITIONS
Civil Litigation Attorney – Columbus (Click Arrow To View Details)
- 2-5 years of experience defending civil litigation in state and federal courts
- Excellent research, writing, and oral advocacy skills are required.
- Experience investigating claims, preparing and responding to written discovery, taking and defending depositions, interacting with expert witnesses, and all aspects of motion practice.
- The ability to work both collaboratively as part of a team, as well as independently, depending on the size and nature of the matter.
- Strong interpersonal skills, including the ability to effectively communicate with colleagues, clients, the court, and opposing counsel.
- A desire to maintain and develop long-term client relationships, and actively participate in legal-related groups and associations.
- Apply By Clicking Here
OPEN PROFESSIONAL STAFF POSITIONS
Collections Specialist (Click Arrow To View Details)
- 2-3 years of collections experience ideal
- Strong communication, problem solving and analytical skills required.
- Ability to work independently and manage multiple assignments.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office including Excel, Word and SharePoint/Rippe Kingston.
- Ability to work independently, with little direction, produces high-quality work and meets deadlines.
- Knowledge of laws and policies related to debt collection.
- Ability to maintain professional relationships with all levels of law firm personnel and clients.
- Apply By Clicking Here
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYMENT
Gallagher Sharp, LLP is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants and employees are evaluated solely on the basis of ability, experience, and job requirements. We recruit, hire, promote, and evaluate all qualified persons without regard to race, religion, color, sex, age, national origin, veteran status, or disability. This applies to all employees and candidates for employment in connection with recruitment, hiring, placement, transfer, promotion, demotion, conditions of employment, rates of pay and other compensation, selection for training, lay-off, and termination.
LAW STUDENT RECRUITMENT AND CLERKSHIP PROGRAM
Gallagher Sharp strives to identify the top, most promising candidates to join the firm as part of the next generation of Gallagher Sharp attorneys. We recruit law students entering their third and final year of law school to participate in the firm’s clerkship program. Students selected as clerks participate in a paid clerkship program during the second semester of their final year of law school studies. Clerks are located in one of Gallagher Sharp’s four offices, and have the opportunity to gain exposure to a variety of the firm’s practice areas. Serving as a Gallagher Sharp clerk affords students the opportunity to experience the practice of law in a real-time law firm environment, working directly with the firm’s attorneys on meaningful legal work for the firm’s clients.
Until a clerk successfully completes the clerkship program, the firm does not guarantee post-graduate employment. The firm anticipates, however, that students in the clerkship program join the firm as Associate Attorneys upon successful completion of the clerkship program, graduation from law school, and admission to the bar.
There is no investment more critical to the long-term success of any law firm than the recruitment of the best law students and retention of attorneys who will become the future leaders of the firm. We look for those qualities we believe are cornerstones to proven success in the courtroom and for future advancement. We focus on attracting and hiring outstanding law school graduates either directly out of law school or after judicial clerkships.
One of the benefits of Gallagher Sharp, LLP’s practice group structure is the professional development and diversity of experience each associate receives. Associate assignment to particular practice areas varies upon the associate’s desires and progress, as well as overall firm needs. We believe that the best way to develop effective litigators is through early hands-on experience.
While associate assignments are made by Practice Group Managers responsible for monitoring their progress and development, partners in each practice group are responsible for case supervision and to serve as mentors. It is not uncommon for associates to attend pretrials, take depositions, meet with clients, interview witnesses, and sit second chair at bench and jury trials, depending upon their level of experience and the nature of the case.
We encourage associates to become active and assume leadership positions in professional bar associations, trade organizations, and specialty groups to assist in professional development and industry networking. Gallagher Sharp’s Associate Committee is comprised of five associates who conduct associate meetings to discuss topics and issues of interest and concern, and to serve as a collective voice to firm management.
Every associate is reviewed at year end by the partners with whom they have worked with. The partners prepare written detailed evaluations of the associate’s work, noting progress, strengths, and areas for improvement. The associate is also afforded the opportunity to submit a self evaluation. These evaluations serve as the basis for a formal annual appraisal of the associate’s performance and compensation for the next evaluation period.
ASSOCIATE COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
Gallagher Sharp, LLP’s compensation structure is reviewed annually and adjustments are made when necessary to attract and retain the best qualified individuals. Associate salaries are based on merit and reflect the effectiveness and overall development of the individual associate.
The associate’s base salary is complemented by a full benefit package including:
- A very attractive 401(k) Plan
- Medical insurance
- Long and short term disability insurance
- Elective participation in the firm’s Cafeteria Plan to pay eligible unreimbursed medical and dependent care expenses on a pre-tax basis.
- Fees for bi-annual registration with the Supreme Court of Ohio
- Fees associated with the required attendance at Continuing Legal Education (CLE) seminars and courses