Cable and Telecommunications Litigation
Gallagher Sharp’s attorneys have acquired decades of experience representing cable and telecommunication industry clients in all manner of claims. Whether because of employees on the road and in customers’ homes and businesses, or because of lines and equipment affixed to other utilities’ facilities, cable and telecommunication companies today face tort exposure on multiple fronts. These myriad exposures require representation by counsel intimately familiar with industry practices and applicable codes, tariffs and agreements.
We know how to pursue independent and subcontractors to enforce indemnification and defense obligations, and provide advice and counsel in connection with crafting language to maximize effectiveness and enforceability of indemnification agreements.
Among the personal injury, death, and property damage exposures we frequently investigate and defend on behalf of our cable and telecommunication clients are those associated with:
• Fire and explosion arising in connection with company-owned or furnished equipment/facilities
• Utility pole claims and subrogation
• Security/fire alarm systems
• Theft and assault
• Damage to real property arising out of installation or removal
• Vehicular accidents
• Injuries occurring on client-owned premises