For over 30 years, the majority of Dave Baxter’s practice has revolved around the aviation industry. He defends Part 121 carriers, Part 135 operators, and Part 91 aircraft owners, airports, and pilots of all ratings in personal injury, wrongful death, property damage, product liability, premises liability, cargo, and regulatory litigation. He practices at every level in state and federal courts, and has handled multidistrict and class-action proceedings. He also regularly appears before the National Transportation Safety Board and other regulatory agencies. As part of his practice, Dave counsels and represents foreign and domestic insurance carriers in aviation-related insurance litigation.
Dave is a frequent speaker on the interrelationship of Michigan Law and Federal Aviation Regulations concerning UAV (Drones) and recently testified before the Michigan House of Representatives Committee on Criminal Justice regarding the Operations of Drones and Airspace Limitations by Law Enforcement and Private Citizens.
- 1980, Michigan
- United States Court of Appeals for the Sixth Circuit
- United States District Court for the Eastern District of Michigan
- United States District Court for the Western District of Michigan
- Aviation Insurance Association (AIA) National Transportation Safety Board (NTSB) Bar Association
- Lawyer Pilot Bar Association
- American Bar Association
- State Bar of Michigan (Founding Member, Chair (2007-2008), Aviation Law Section)
- University of Detroit Mercy School of Law (J.D., 1979)
- Michigan State University (B.S., 1976)
Honors & Recognition
- Martindale-Hubbell, AV® Peer Review Rated
- Adjunct Faculty, Eastern Michigan University, School of Aviation and Technology