Jennifer Fewell Phillips
Jennifer Fewell Phillips Overview
As a partner in Gallagher Sharp’s Business and Employment Group, Jennifer Phillips has extensive experience in diverse business and commercial litigation matters, including class actions and arbitrations. She represents clients in the insurance, health care, retail, manufacturing, food/beverage, financial and transportation industries, as well as in the public sector.
Jennifer represents and defends employers and individuals against claims involving all areas of employment law including harassment, discrimination, retaliation, and alleged violations of the FMLA, ADA, ADEA, FLSA, wage and hour laws, and OSHA, in state and federal courts and before administrative agencies. She counsels employers on organized labor matters, including the negotiation of collective bargaining agreements, labor arbitrations, and the resolution of grievances, work stoppages, and campaigns. Her experience includes working with human resource management and personnel on employee handbooks, employment contracts, including non-competition, non-solicitation, confidentiality and trade secret protection provisions, termination and severance agreements, immigration issues, and affirmative action plans.
Prior to joining Gallagher Sharp, Jennifer was the Director of Litigation and Assistant General Counsel for a publicly traded specialty retail jeweler and Vice President, Associate Counsel-Human Resources for a publicly traded financial services company.
- 2003, Ohio
- United States District Court for the Northern District of Ohio
- United States District Court for the Southern District of Ohio
- Ohio State Bar Association
- The Ohio State University Moritz College of Law (J.D. 2003)
- Judicial Extern, Hon. Evelyn Lundberg Stratton, Supreme Court of Ohio (2003)
- St. Mary’s College, Oxford University, American Bar Association Law Program (2001)
- Cleveland State University (MA, Nonprofit Administration & Leadership, 2019)
- Ohio University E.W. Scripps School of Journalism (BS, 2000)
Honors & Recognition
- FDCC Ladder Down Cleveland Class of 2022
- Co-Founder and Director, Camp Confidence of Ohio (2018-present)
- Leadership, Committee Member, Counselor, Royal Family Kids Camp (2015-present)