Lori Brown is a partner in the firm’s Professional Liability and Business and Employment Groups. She defends attorneys against legal malpractice claims and in grievance proceedings and provides counsel for pre-claims assistance and risk management matters. Lori defends individual and class claims in state and federal court arising from a wide variety of consumer protection laws, including the FDCPA and OCSPA. She also advises clients on compliance matters under the consumer protection laws. She represents her clients in trial courts and on appeal, including in Federal District Court and the Sixth Circuit Court of Appeals. In addition, Lori represents real estate agents, brokers and other professionals in litigation matters.
Lori has been recognized as an Ohio Super Lawyer and regularly speaks on various topics related to professional liability in the Northeast Ohio area.
- 1999, Ohio
- United States Court of Appeals for the Sixth Circuit
- United States District Court for the Northern District of Ohio
- United States District Court for the Southern District of Ohio
- Ohio State Bar Association
- Cleveland Metropolitan Bar Association
- Moritz College of Law, The Ohio State University College of Law (J.D., With Honors, 1999)
- University of Michigan (B.A., With Distinction, 1996)
Honors & Recognition
- 2019-2021 Ohio Super Lawyer, Professional Liability Defense, Rising Star, 2011-2014