Maia E. Jerin Overview
Maia represents clients in complex commercial and professional liability disputes, with a particular emphasis on legal and real estate professional liability. She is actively involved in the firm’s legal malpractice and attorney discipline practice, where she represents small practitioners to large law firms. She also defends businesses, employers, and managers against claims of discrimination and ADA violations in state and federal courts and before administrative agencies. She is a frequent presenter on a variety of legal ethics topics, focusing often on the use of technology in the law. Maia also regularly handles appeals in both state and federal courts and has argued cases on a wide range of business and professional liability matters. Maia has extensive experience in the discovery of electronically stored information (ESI) under the Federal and Ohio Rules of Civil Procedure, including privilege and work product protections, and the preservation of data and metadata in connection with established ESI protocols.
Prior to her legal career, Maia was a real estate sales and marketing executive in Naples, Florida, giving her a unique perspective and knowledge base when handling complex claims. Maia leverages this background in defending real estate professionals and brokers in civil litigation, administrative, appellate, and disciplinary matters.
- 2014, Ohio
- United States Court of Appeals for the Sixth Circuilt
- United States District Court for the Northern District of Ohio
- American Bar Association
- Ohio State Bar Association
- Cleveland Metropolitan Bar Association (2019-20 CMBA Leadership Academy)
- Cleveland-Marshall College of Law (J.D., summa cum laude, 2014)
- Articles Editor, Cleveland State Law Review
- Howard L. Oleck Award for Distinguished Legal Writing by a Student (2014)
- John Carroll University (B.A., cum laude, 2001)
Honors & Recognition
- Rising Star, Professional Liability Defense, Ohio Super Lawyers 2022-2023
- Žumberčani Tamburitza Orchestra