Maia represents clients in complex commercial and professional liability disputes, with a particular emphasis on legal and real estate professional liability. Prior to her legal career, Maia was a real estate sales and marketing executive in Naples, Florida, giving her a unique perspective and knowledge base when handling complex claims. Maia leverages this background in defending real estate professionals and brokers in civil litigation, administrative, and disciplinary matters.
Maia is actively involved in the firm’s legal malpractice and attorney discipline practice, where she represents small practitioners to large law firms. She also defends businesses, employers, and managers against claims of discrimination and ADA violations in state and federal courts and before administrative agencies. Maia is a frequent presenter on a variety of legal ethics topics, focusing often on the use of technology in the law.
- 2014, Ohio
- United States District Court for the Northern District of Ohio
- Professional Liability Defense Federation (PLDF)
- Ohio State Bar Association
- Cleveland Metropolitan Bar Association
- Association of Croatian American Professionals, Cleveland Chapter
- Cleveland-Marshall College of Law (J.D., summa cum laude, 2014)
- Articles Editor, Cleveland State Law Review
- Howard L. Oleck Award for Distinguished Legal Writing by a Student (2014)
- John Carroll University (B.A., cum laude, 2001)
- 2019-20 Cleveland Metropolitan Bar Association Leadership Academy
- Žumberčani Tamburitza Orchestra