Kohl Schneider Overview
Partner Kohl Schneider focuses his law practice in all areas of construction law, professional liability, and general liability litigation.
Kohl has been a litigator and advisor for construction professionals, architects and engineers for over two decades. His clients include general contractors, owners, CMs, design professionals, suppliers, developers, design/builders and specialty trades. He has experience on a wide array of projects from small residential construction disputes to complex commercial litigation.
Kohl appreciates the benefits of ADR and pre-litigation resolution strategies when appropriate for his clients. When litigation or arbitration is advisable, Kohl has extensive experience in all phases of arbitration, mediation, and litigation. He has successfully tried cases as lead counsel in over a dozen jurisdictions throughout Ohio.
- 1992, Ohio
- United States Court of Appeals for the Sixth Circuit
- United States District Court for the Northern District of Ohio
- The Defense Research Institute
- Claims and Litigation Management Alliance (Construction Committee)
- Ohio State Bar Association
- Cleveland Association of Civil Trial Attorneys
- Cleveland-Marshall College of Law (J.D., 1992)
- University of Notre Dame (B.S., Geology and Physics, 1989)
- 30 Hours Certified OSHA Construction Training, Construction Industry Service Program of Greater Cleveland
- 4 Hours Certified Supervisor Substance Abuse Training, Construction Industry Service Program of Greater Cleveland
- Institute for Trial Advocacy, Faculty Member Former Judicial Staff Attorney, Cuyahoga County